Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Three-way Link Swapping – A Black Hat Link Scam you Should Avoid

Three way link swappingRecently, one of my fellow blogger whom I don’t know much offered me a strange link swap. She has a very famous website (website C). She asked me to promote their online store (website C) by writing an article on my blog MoneyCTL (website A) with an outbound link on it. In return she offered me to choose 1 website out of 3 for a backlink + Facebook + Twitter promotion ( F + T = 7000 followers) for my blog.

What I did: I simply checked the Page Rank of her sites. Site C = PR 7, Site B (1st, 2nd, 3rd) = PR 0 to 1. Then I decided to turned down the offer politely. B’cos “ triangular link swapping ” is always a scam according to Google. And, surprisingly Google’s algorithm detects this black hat tactics very easily.

Here, site A (my blog) is promoting site C (famous website) in return of a link from site B, which is a low value site. Name of the website/blog  and my fellow blogger not mentioned here, b’cos I don’t want to hurt her.

So, bloggers, stay away from “ three way link swaps ”. According to Google, its a definite link scam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment